MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, 19 August – You have a wonderful lot of web browser choices today — haha, “Mac vs PC?” Who cares! The browser is the new OS! One popular choice today is Google Chrome, and you may know that Google released a large portion of the Chrome source code as the open source Chromium project. Today in addition to Chrome itself, there are many other Chromium-based browsers and functionality flavors. Comodo Dragon is the security focused Chromium project. CoolNovo (formerly ChromePlus) is from programmers in China and it adds lots of new interface features and a sidebar.
My personal favorite flavor of Chromium, or any web browser, is RockMelt, the “Social Network flavor of Chromium.” RockMelt’s distinctive feature is 2 “Edges” the App Edge and the Friend Edge. You can show/hide both or either for more interactivity or less distraction. For myself I find the Friend Edge distracting and hide it, but I love the way the App Edge gives me such a fast view of what’s up on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and just about any other service or site I’d like to follow.
So, sure I’d encourage you to give RockMelt a try, and if you do, here’s the super-easy way to add iRez to your RockMelt App Edge!
0. If you don’t already have RockMelt, go get it: RockMelt.com
1. In the iRez sidebar, right-click the orange RSS Feed button
2. say “Copy Link Address”
Or you could skip 1 & 2 and just type it, since it’s super-easy, it’s just: http://iRez.me/feed
3. Click the “+” at the top of your App Edge
4. Paste or type in the search box: iRez.me/feed
5. Click “Add iRez”
6. Then while you’re surfin’ Facebook or anything else, you can click the iRez app on the RockMelt App Edge and *BAM* the last 20 iRez posts are loaded in the App Sidebar for you, with a text excerpt and a featured image for each post. You can scan them all for a quick update, or click on any one you want to load.