You’re all reading each other’s blogs, right? I mean, it’s no big deal to do a post every day… and… read 2 dozen other peeps posts too… right? 🙂
I took a little spin through the latest posts:
• Alex and Hero: in a California Daze in a cute new dress from Little Bones.
• Ravalation: In Star Wars: The Old Republic, Ravanel goes for a, uh… “pony ride” on Hoth!
• Living in a Modemworld: Inara gives us the scoop on entering our pix into the SL10Bcc (Second Life 10th Birthday, Community Celebration) Picture of the Day, Photo Contest, on Flickr. And amazingly enough, the pix above is apparently not from Ravanel’s pony ride on Hoth, but an avatar of some sort on a hillside looking off to SL10B in the distance.
• Strawberry Singh.com: also focused on the upcoming Second Life 10th Birthday celebrations. In This is the Geekiest Post Ever! Berry models the mesh bear avatar that Linden Lab is currently giving away as part of the build up to the birthday events.
• Paypabak Tumblr: features Paypabak Writer’s “Pay Writer” acrostic (you see the “AY” in the strip above) which is her entry for Strawberry Singh’s weekly “Meme” challenge.
• A Cozey Second Life: amazingly, Bumblebee started her own 30-day blog challenge right before the ABC Gym opened, so she’s put the two together, hence “June 5” is already “Day 8” for her. And in Day 8, Bumblebee comes to ABC Gym to, hmm, did she say “tone my butt”? while working on her blog post for tomorrow.
• Stuffery: Oh my, so much drama today! Something about a little pig, a big mess, and Cherry winds up calling the police!
• Pics by Peep: Today Peep goes shopping at the arcade! And no, she’s not laying down, I turned her tall portrait sideways so you could see more of the springtime goodness in her self-portrait.
Chaotic Virtuality: Today Ravensong visits the Prog Rock Museum of SL. Oh, and, psst… don’t miss Ravensong’s Day 3 post where she stops by the ABC Gym to decorate her work/out/station with some pix and a Lava Lamp! If you haven’t had a chance to “personalize” your work/out/station, come on by, you know, in between posting every day and reading two dozen other blogs, and decorate a little. The Linden Endowment for the Arts Needs More Lava Lamps!
• A SECOND for Imagination: Today Purple Butterfly goes down the rabbit hole of international time zones and “Second Life Time” At least she has the good sense to do it in style with an adorable “Alice” dress, White Rabbit, Giant Pocket Watch, etc. I feel Purple Butterfly’s pain as an Australian SLer/Blogger. I have to confess that I generally favor The Americas & Europe in picking event times. My excuse is that the vast majority of participants come from those areas. However my sister Trill Zapatero has argued that there are tons of participants from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, and elsewhere in the region and that the only reason I think they don’t exist is because I schedule events at times that monumentally suck for them! Plenty of peeps have a hard time negotiating the clock between Europe & America, and in the Southern Hemisphere it’s even more confusing because one clock is “Springing Ahead” while the other is “Falling Behind.” I have 2 iPad apps that help a lot with time-zone-ification: one is just the built in “Clock” app’s World Clock feature, and the one I really love is “Weather+” which not only makes time-zones a snap, but I can also learn that it’s currently 17°C in The Hague, and 13°C in Sydney and woohoo can I do a little dance for the first and probably last time The Hague was warmer than Sydney!? Or I could note that it’s currently 24°C in Darwin and just shut up now.
• Kittywitchin: Kitty works out on the treadmill today and plans her strategy for her month of blog posts. Oh? But? Wait? Where is her lava lamp?? Hmm… must be out of view in this photo!
• Behind These Emerald Eyes: Liliana shows off her Slinky toes!
• Dark Phantom: Aarya confesses her top 3 guilty avatar pleasures! O_o
• Confessions of a First-Time Pageant Model: Today Tivi meditates on identity and community: an Academy… a Graduation… a little Dance… a little Gor… I’ll say no more!
• Vixxie’s Virtual Life: Wut? You think the haute couture runway model who’s also a Gor dancer is shocking? Yeah. Try showing up on the balcony of your own home only to find your best friend in the process of getting married without even telling you! I know! Virtual truth is stranger than fiction! (don’t forget to check out Vixxie’s awesome Treadmill with pix and a helium balloon! And please, just leave the balloon be, we already know how amusing you sound talking thru helium)
• Squirrel Seeking Chipmunk: Ooooh, who new that Lin’s friend Shayo was a virtual Tarot reader!? Hmm, maybe we can hire her to set up at the Avatar Blogger Month celebration on Sat 29 June and do readings for our avatar bloggers & friends? 🙂
• Songs from the Coalface: In a number of recent posts Becky has chronicled the production of her and Harvey Crabstick’s monumental production of Romeo & Juliet, however today she writes about another monumental work, her virtual reproduction of Mies van der Rohe’s Farnsworth House. The virtual home by Fanatik, and Becky’s siting, decor, and photography of it are breathtaking. Hmm… perhaps we should organize an afternoon tour of Avatar Homes…
• Modelesque 2 Life: Birdy gets her headdress, and meditates on the contrast between the relatively easy fashion choices we make every day, vis-a-vis the signifiers embedded in garments that are not fashion choices, but life achievements.
• Hey, It Just Me: Really Nieve? Really? Are we really going to go there? OMG! Today Nieve talks about… and Aarya thought she was revealing secrets… today Nieve talks about… /me winces… the size of her inventory! Oh, hey, wasn’t that sort of the topic of VB32 – Shit Happens – ? Oh yeah – it was! (mind blown) I actually hired scripting boy genius Lord Skitch (skitch sabretooth) to build an “Avatar Inventory Count Board,” and, lookie lookie, I just installed a fresh Inventory Count board at the ABC Gym! So next time you drop by to decorate your work/out/station or tone up your blogger butt, you can also Touch the Board, and Type in your Current Inventory count! 🙂 Everyone can play, Avatar Bloggers, Friends & Visitors alike!
• Defining Moments: Serenity and her unicorn plushie go for an evening walk and almost make it to the barn where all the animals live.
• The League of Extraordinary Fashionistas: Scarlett on a new fashion find and the joys of filling out a bikini.
• Princess Brat: Princess meditates on the lemons life gives us and how to make orange juice out of them!
• Orca’s World: Orca goes travelling, sightseeing, and photo snapping in the Flocke & Bentham Forest sims in Second Life.
• Daallee: These are the Days of My SL Life: Daallee returns from an off-the-grid vacation and catches up on the latest virtual happenings, including a visit to the Gatcha Arcade where she admires and collects the latest fashions.
• It Takes a Village: Chapter 5: The Manor, in Lizzie’s 12-chapters-in-12-days story It Takes a Village, set in the Goatswood RP sim of Second Life, came out today. Well of course I can’t tell you what happened! You don’t want me to spoil it, do you? Go! Read! Enjoy!
[box type=”tick” style=”rounded” border=”full”]What a treat it’s been reading this amazing, diverse, beautiful collection of… blogs… of moments… of avatar lives. Thank you so much to everyone for participating in ABC and for sharing these wonderful pieces of the many ways to be in these worlds.[/box]
[box type=”alert” style=”rounded” border=”full”]If you find any typos, bad links, or anything else here that you’d like corrected or modified, please don’t hesitate to LMK either in the comments below, or by in-world IM or email.[/box]
For anyone who didn’t know, the Treadmill Desks we’re using at the ABC Gym weren’t only built for my avatar, my typist has one too. I talked about it here:
• Treadmill Desk
A few things to know about the Treadmill desks are:
1. The way they’re made, you can only do the animation by right-clicking on the motor unit at the top of the treadmill. I know it seems like you should also be able to click on the treadmill walking part, but unfortunately they weren’t able to be made that way.
2. They have 2 walks in them, “Sexy Walk” and “Power Walk,” and you can cycle between them with the red buttons on the motor unit.
3. If you’d like to add any walks of your own, just LMK and I can set the treadmill to sell to you for L$0 and then you can add all the animations you like.
4. You’re going to get a complete treadmill desk of your very own at the end of Avatar Blogger Crossfit month! Yay.
In addition to being my typist’s RL desk, those JBL LSR4328 monitors are also the ones my typist uses. They’re really overkill, even for a gaming rig. If all the JBL’s currently in the ABC gym were RL JBL’s, they’d sell for about €42,000 or about L$13.8 million. Here’s a little piece I wrote about my family and Mr. James Bullough Lansing:
• James B. Lansing