With its tentative public release this Friday (we hope!), the 1.7.1 update looks very, promising. Did check up with good ole’ CaptainSparklez’ for a quick peek into the “Update that Changed the World.” Note that this update is also the answer to Linux users who’ve had trouble starting a stable game.
What are some goodies to expect: (taken from Mojang’s official post)
Here’s a list of cool things that may be coming your way on Friday, if the pre-release goes well!
- New world generation!
- Double the amount of biomes, with new trees/flowers/blocks. (for the landscaper in all of us!)
- New “Amplified” world option.
- Less ocean, more awesome. (yay no more drowning because I’ve crashed my boat!)
- New blocks!
- Two new types of wood.
- Stained glass! With both blocks and panes.
- Packed ice, red sand, podzol.
- Lots of new flowers, including double-tall versions of current plants.
- Portals can be bigger sizes!
- Added more type of fish. (for those of us who are on a no red meat diet hehe)
- Redone the fishing mechanics. Can now catch junk and treasure too. (maybe a fish with a diamond?)
- Fishing rod enchantments! (Bingo!)
- Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
- Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
- Now with less lag! (Where have I heard this before hmm)
If you would like to test the pre-release for your PC, Mojang has made it available to download. Just scroll to the end of the article and be sure to read the instructions.
Sometime in the near future, I will be posting a couple of mod tutorials for things like enabling shadows, Optifine (enhances the graphics giving you optimal FPS (frames per second) and more. Until then, keep mining and build your dreams 🙂