Estimated reading time: 2 minutes —
Body Image in the Real (virtual) World
Where can you find an avatar shape gallery of real avatars as they live in the world? Why, at Berry’s Avatar Shape Gallery @Alice in Cornelland @LEA11 in Second Life, of course, where else!? For the 3rd summer in a row, Berry has asked us,
What’s Your Digits?
VB26 – Average
Two years ago Vaki took the data peeps contributed to Berry’s question and calculated the “average” female & male avatar. VB/CO took the Berry/Vaki data and asked peeps to “make themselves average.” To take their own face and head shape, their own skin and hair, and to add the average torso, legs, arms, and so on. The result was VB26 – Average, performed on the beach at Biscuit Bay, An Li, the barbell shaped islands where Agnes, Smilla, Lana, and I used to live.
This year for What’s Your Digits 3, we’re opening another Berry’s Monday Challenge Gallery at Alice in Cornelland at LEA11. As we did 2 weeks ago with the movie posters, everyone is invited to come put up your poster.
Avatar Shape Gallery
1. Go to Berry’s Meme Gallery #2 @LEA11
2. There you’ll see lots of posters, currently with the “Moo’s Digits” graphic on them. They are all “For Sale for L$0″ Just touch any 1 to “buy” it. When you buy it, it will not be delivered to your inventory, instead, the one right there on the ground will become yours.
3. Then just drag your poster image from your inventory onto the poster you bought. Remember to put your graphic on the Front AND BACK. All of the posters are 2.5m wide x 2.5m tall. If your poster is more or less wide than the sample, just make yours more narrow or more wide as appropriate. But please keep the height at 2.5m for consistency.
4. That’s it! Take a pix of your new installation and show your friends!
L I N K Y . L I N K Y
• Strawberry Singh.com / What’s Your Digits 3
• Strawberry Singh.com / What’s Your Digits 2
• Strawberry Singh.com / What’s Your Digits 1
• Flickr /
• iRez.me / VB26 Average / Performance Document
• iRez.me / VB26 Average / Previz
• Insert Funny Name Here / So What’s “Average”? by Vaki Zenovka
• SL-URL / Berry’s Challenge Gallery #2 @ Alice in Cornelland @ LEA11